Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar events - sign up conflicts and attendance help

Fiona Bowen
Seminar events - sign up conflicts and attendance help
von Fiona Bowen – Sunday, 31 July 2022, 7:30 PM

Hi there,

We're using Totara 12 and I have a few questions about Seminar event attendance/waitlists and where conflicts at event sign ups are occuring - :

* If an event is over and attendance hasn't been marked, does this create a conflict with users being able to sign up for further seminars (be it in this course or other courses)?  I don't believe it should but we've had some situations where it appears to be happening.

* If we decided to keep data on an event waitlit - instead of ticking the 'clear expired waitlists' option, confirming that having users on a waitlist shouldn't affect their ability to enrol in another event?/in the same or different course once the course has started?  Or, will it stop users being able to sign up to anything additional during the period the course is still open (ie before it begins).  Presuming once a course begins and a user is on a waitlist, all should be ok - and the data is kept there, but shouldn't have any conflicts for other sign ups?  I want to be able to keep waitlist data - but am concerned it's affecting users ability to sign up to other events.

Thanks for all your help.

Hopefully this will save us trawling through seminar events to try and find courses that a user is having conflicts with/therefore they are unable to sign up to other seminar events.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar events - sign up conflicts and attendance help
von Craig Eves (Totara Support) – Sunday, 31 July 2022, 8:36 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Fiona

How the subsequent signup behaves depends on the Signup workflow settings

You can 'Restrict subsequent signups' according to the status of the previous signup including the fully attended status

It is also possible to restrict the number of subsequent signups to allow someone to signup for more than one event.

If the setting 'Clear expired waitlis' is enabled then this will allow a user to signup to another event when the first event has started.

This should allow you to get the desired results for how you want the signup for multiple events to behave.

Regards