Totara Engage Open Discussions

Certificate Permissions

De Go
Certificate Permissions
by De Go - Tuesday, 19 July 2022, 7:28 PM

Hello, using v13, and we have several users within our system that have more permissions than others, but cannot have full Admin rights. 

Is there a way these users can have the ability to view and download the certificates of their direct reports? We can't use the email function because we have too many people in the system that could be potentially emailed.

Thank you for guidance as always!

Best Regards,
DeAnna

Craig Eves
Re: Certificate Permissions
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Wednesday, 20 July 2022, 4:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi DeAnna

I tried allowing the permission for the staff manager role but the download certificates looks like it is an all or nothing setting you can download all certificates in the course or none.

Regards

De Go
by De Go - Wednesday, 20 July 2022, 5:26 PM

Hi Craig,

I wouldn't be opposed to the Staff Manager role to have access to all certificates - if there is a way to set permissions for that, I would be happy with that at least, so then they could search for the employees they needed.

I just haven't been able to figure out how to set that permission.

Thank you,
DeAnna

De Go
by De Go - Tuesday, 26 July 2022, 2:53 AM

Attached are the current permissions set - with these permissions the Staff Manager and Franchise Owner can still not view users' certificates. What else do I need to do?

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 31 July 2022, 4:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi Deanna

Missed this reply - are  the Staff manager and Franchise owner roles able to see the course -

If not then you can enrol these users in the course with this role 

or if you want everyone in the role to view courses without enrolling in them then allow  View course without participation  moodle/course:view 

Regards