Totara Learn Open Discussions

Event status

Anna Palacka
Event status
de Anna Palacka - Friday, 12 de August de 2022, 03:52

Hi, my issue happens in the ILT dashboard: the upcoming event status does not display correctly - even though there are still seats available, it says "upcoming - booking restricted". Where can I update that? Thanx!

Craig Eves
Re: Event status
de Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 14 de August de 2022, 19:27
Grupo Totara

Hi Anna

This may be caused by the seminar having the seminar reservations setting on . This setting allows managers or roles with this permission allowed to allocate a specified number of seminar places to their staff.

Are you able to contact your manager if this setting is enabled or login as an admin to check this setting?

Regards

Anna Palacka
de Anna Palacka - Monday, 15 de August de 2022, 00:33

Hi Craig, 

Thanks for your advice. Actually, the manager reservations are not on. Any other idea?

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: I work with Totara 14

Anna Palacka
de Anna Palacka - Monday, 15 de August de 2022, 11:47

Hi Craig,

Just to let you know that the mystery is sorted out. "Booking restricted" status refers to the fact that there is a condition/ some prerequisites set for being eligible to taking up the event. In the set up it is called "Restrict Access" and the restriction relates to a competency level. 

As an admin, I need to be description sensitive, so I did not assume restrict access related to competencies at one place will be called booking restricted at another place. To me, booking restricted would mean that people cannot enroll even though the places are available. For example, booking restricted by competency would not be confusing.

Anyway, thank you for your time and effort.

Anna