Totara Engage Open Discussions

Engage v Slido

Barbara Shaw
Engage v Slido
by Barbara Shaw - Thursday, 22 September 2022, 10:33 AM

Hey all - our internal comms team wants to know if we can use Totora in place of slido for "all hands" meetings to facilitate polling and Q&A during large meetings. They also want the ability to categorize questions and provide the audience with the ability to upvote questions. Could we do this with Engage utilizing workspaces? Forums? Thoughts? Thanks!

Tags:
Matt Linaker
Re: Engage v Slido
by Matt Linaker - Friday, 23 September 2022, 5:38 AM
Group Totara

Hi Barbara, 

Thanks for your question. Here’s some ideas on how you could use Engage. 

I was speaking to a customer this week who uses Engage for their larger internal meetings and they do some of the following things. I’ll also add some additional ideas. 

Meeting set up

1. Create a workspace for the team meetings and add all the participants to the workspace. 

2. Create a resource for a team meeting that outlines the agenda for all the participants. 

3. Capture the meeting notes as a resource that everyone can read afterwards. 

Polls 

1. You can set up an Engage poll before the meeting and share it with everyone in the session. That poll can be a resource in the meeting workspace. 

Questions 

1. You could choose to categories questions in a resource. People will be able to like the resources and you’ll be able to see which resources have the most likes. 

Barbara Shaw
by Barbara Shaw - Friday, 23 September 2022, 6:41 AM

Thanks, Matt! I appreciate the outline. I was imagining that we would use the discussions tab in the workspace for Q&A during the session. Are you suggesting that we then copy the link from each question posted and add them to a resource to categorize the Q&A  topics?

Matt Linaker
by Matt Linaker - Friday, 23 September 2022, 7:17 AM
Group Totara

Hi Barbara, 

I'd imagine you'd use the workspace discussion thread to just post comments in a meeting. However a good way to categorise them after the meeting might be to gather them up and start building FAQs as an organised Engage resource. So a mixture of both really if that makes sense? 

Barbara Shaw
by Barbara Shaw - Friday, 23 September 2022, 7:52 AM

Hi Matt - thanks - the hosts want to field live Q&A with upvoting and commenting during the live session - that's what I was looking to achieve with the discussion forum.