Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Scheduled reports from a previous admin

Chaedi Forman-Todd
Scheduled reports from a previous admin
by Chaedi Forman-Todd - Wednesday, 12 October 2022, 2:48 PM

Hi,

Just this week, our LMS Administrator finished up with us and we disabled his admin account on the website. This account sent out some scheduled reports on a weekly basis, and today we were alerted that those did not come through.

I am considering how to handle this going forward, as the account sends out a number of complicate reports on a regular basis. I have two ideas how.

1. Recreate the reports on my admin account. This will take some time due to the number of reports and the complicated nature of some of them, although it can be done.
  2. Alter the admin account that was suspended to no longer be suspended, but change it to no login, so it can be logged into by current admins but can't be accessed otherwise.

I was curious how other people have handled similar situations. For my first solution, it would be good to hear if there is an easy way to get this done. For the second one, is there any security concerns?

I'd love to hear if anyone else found any other unexpected hiccups when a site admin had moved on!

Raechel Wilson
Re: Scheduled reports from a previous admin
by Raechel Wilson - Wednesday, 12 October 2022, 4:22 PM

Hi Chaedi

We created a separate login for our LMS called Reports.

All of our scheduled reports are set up on this login therefore future proofing if anybody leaves - these scheduled reports keep running. 

This login is used by the 3 members of our admin team to maintain, edit and change these reports as necessary. 

The reports account has little other permissions / access as they are simply not needed.

:)

Chaedi Forman-Todd
by Chaedi Forman-Todd - Wednesday, 12 October 2022, 5:25 PM

Hi Raechel,

Thanks for the response. I think that, going forward, this may be the right approach too and that we may end up converting the old account to a reports account.

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 13 October 2022, 7:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Chaedi

There is a report Scheduled reports that lists all the scheduled reports and who scheduled them. If you filter by user status= Suspended' or however you deactivated them then you can recreate the schedule on an unsuspended account and clone the report if required

regards