Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Non-admin user receiving assignment notifications

Training & Development
Non-admin user receiving assignment notifications
by Training & Development - Tuesday, 22 November 2022, 12:02 PM

Hello, we have a team member who needs to receive notifications when a particular assignment is completed but I cannot figure out how to set them up. We cannot make them an administrator of the system and they are not a trainer either. Please let me know if you have any thoughts of best approach.

Thank you!

Craig Eves
Re: Non-admin user receiving assignment notifications
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 22 November 2022, 2:01 PM
Group Totara

Hi 

Under the Assignment settings > Notifications there is a setting 'Notify graders about submissions' that can be ticked.

Anyone in the course who is assigned to a role that has the Grade Assignment allowed and Receive Grader submission notifications  (by default the trainer role) should receive the notification when an assignment has been submitted

If required the text of the message can be changed through customising the language string

regards

Training & Development
by Training & Development - Tuesday, 22 November 2022, 2:37 PM

Hi Craig,

My apologies, I'm still a bit lost. How would I assign this specific person as Grade Assignment allowed and Receive Grader submission notifications? I did try going to assignment administration -> locally assigned roles then add her as either the trainer or editing trainer but when I search for potential users it will not pull anyone up (even me). If this is the right spot maybe there is something else I have to do first?

Thanks a ton!

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 22 November 2022, 3:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi

You are in the right place  for allocating the trainer role for the assignment .

Can you check that the user you want to assign as a trainer is enrolled in the course ?

Regards

Training & Development
by Training & Development - Wednesday, 23 November 2022, 12:54 PM

This was the key Craig! She is now all set up and receiving notifications. Thanks a ton & Happy Thanksgiving.