Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

User tour > out of the experimental feature

Djamileh Aminian
User tour > out of the experimental feature
door Djamileh Aminian - Wednesday, 23 November 2022, 07:11 AM
Groep 2022 Learner of the Year (Bronze)Groep PartnersGroep TXP Site Administrator

Dear Totara Team,

Do you plan on moving the user tours out of the experimental features section ?

We are restricting access to some pages for our clients and we would like them to have access to this feature, without accessing the development section.

Thank you!

Djamileh

Bryn Whyman
Re: User tour > out of the experimental feature
door Bryn Whyman - Monday, 28 November 2022, 13:41 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Djamileh

Thank you for your question. At this stage, there is no immediate plan to pull the user tours out of the experimental features section, sorry. 

This feature is not fully supported in the new 'TUI-based' pages in the Talent Experience Platform, like: centralised notifications, Engage library pages, workspaces, playlists, Perform pages.

There is no immediate plan to build more support for user tours in this area, so it is being retained as experimental only. 

Hope this helps give more context. I'll talk to the team about getting the documentation in https://totara.help/docs/what-is-a-user-tour updated to speak to this in more detail.

Thanks

Bryn

Andrew Metcalfe
door Andrew Metcalfe - Monday, 28 November 2022, 14:23 PM
Groep Most Helpful Contributor 2022
I'm sorry to hear this, as user tours are a valuable feature. This increasingly split personality (Moodle/Totara) is a not-insignificant UX problem.
Georgina Christodoulou
door Georgina Christodoulou - Monday, 8 April 2024, 02:04 AM
Groep PartnersGroep TXP Site Administrator

I agree with others that we need a way to bring user tours or something similar into the TUI framework.

For people who are new to the platform and unsure of what to do, this is very valuable.

Providing in context help pointing out important functionality is helpful in lessening the learning curve for people using the platform.