Totara Learn Open Discussions

Course completion report mismatch

hs
Course completion report mismatch
hs 发表于 2023年01月5日 Thursday 05:41
小组 Partners

As part of my process for performing Totara upgrades, I export two site-wide course completion reports: one before the upgrade and one after, as a cusory check to see if any data was changed or lost during the upgrade. 99% of the time, after comparing the reports, they're identical. However, I've carried out this same step during a recent upgrade test and for some reason the post-upgrade report is missing mutliple course completions from multiple users.

I'm not sure how this is possible. There were no errors reported during this (CLI) MySQL database collation and upgrade (Totara 12.35 > 12.49), but clearly something has changed or been removed.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for further testing or things to look into. My knowledge of the inner workings of Totara is limited, so I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas now.

Thanks

WilkesLee
Re: Course completion report mismatch
WilkesLee 发表于 2023年01月5日 Thursday 08:30
小组 Partners

s h

Are there any commonalities for the missing courses - same person, same date, same course, same certification etc?

I ask as we had a similar issue, but if I recall correctly it was corrected by performing the upgrade again.

Lee

hs
Re: Course completion report mismatch
hs 发表于 2023年01月6日 Friday 00:46
小组 Partners

Thanks for your response, Lee.

From what I can tell, there are no clear patterns or commonalities. For example, one of the courses missing in the report for one user, was still there for other users. It's difficult to know what clues to look for as I have limited knowledge of where to look and what should or shouldn't raise flags.