Totara Learn Open Discussions

Role Specific Compliance Training

Sue Blake
Role Specific Compliance Training
by Sue Blake - Monday, 20 February 2023, 8:38 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on communicating to learners what Role Specific compliance training they are required to complete.

We have around 100 compliance/mandatory training courses, the majority of which are role specific.  We are struggling to develop a way for employees to be made aware of what they are required to complete.  I just wondered if anyone is using Totara functionality to help with this.  I have tried to create it as a quiz, i.e. 

Question 1:  Do you use chemicals in your job?  

If they answer correct (Yes) when they submit the quiz the answer feedback includes the list of compliance training they need to complete.

This works OK but the layout is very much like a quiz rather than a report. 

We cannot use audiences to enrol them on the appropriate Certification as our job roles are too generic, so I was hoping for some inspiration from the Totara Community :-)

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Sue

Craig Eves
Re: Role Specific Compliance Training
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 20 February 2023, 5:43 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Totara supports custom profile fields  where the information can be used to create audiences and enrol the audience in  program of study depending on the profile values.

There are some options for getting this information into the users profile.

• use self registration and choose display on signup page
  • make this a required field so it is required to be filled in by all users
  • have a link to the profile block that has Edit profile link in it so with instructions on how to edit the profile field
  • develop a custom form that displays required fields and adds the data to the user profile fields

There may be other methods others have sued that work well for them for example using the lesson activity to create branches based on the input from the user

regards

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Monday, 20 February 2023, 11:42 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Thanks for the suggestions Craig, they are definitely worth me looking into further.  

Can I just check if Custom Profile Fields are available in Version 12?  We are currently on Version 12, but upgrading to Version 17 soon, not sure if I will need to wait until then to do some testing.

When you say 'use self-registration, do you mean site registration or registration for a particular course?

Final question, using a custom form, I take it this is something that would have to be developed outside of Totara and then via an HR update uploaded.

Sue

Thanks

Sue

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 21 February 2023, 5:09 PM
Group Totara

Hi Sue

Yes custom user profile fields are available in 12 and 17

The self registration method is where the user creates their own account for logging in 

The custom form would be a HTML form created separately that can show in Totara that posts the data to the custom user filed 

regards