Totara Learn Open Discussions

Enrollment notifications - Audience enrolled to a course

Francesca Popita
Enrollment notifications - Audience enrolled to a course
by Francesca Popita - Monday, 6 March 2023, 2:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding enrollment notifications for a course. I have recently created a course targeted for a specific audience. The idea was to enroll the whole audience to the course and to receive the automatic email from Totara so that they know they have been registered. I also have to mention that for this course, there is NO seminar added. There are just various external activities using the URL option and other files which the learner needs to go through. I have been informed that no one from the group has received the email nor was in the Spam/Junk email. 

I have tested out a bit and I have noticed that if I enroll myself onto the course, the registration email is being sent but if I enroll a whole audience myself as a Site Admin, then no email is being sent. 

I checked the 'Notifications' sections for the course and in the 'Course' section, there is no notification added so basically there is no email to be sent. My question is, for future reference, should I manually create a registration notification every time I need to enroll a group to a course with no seminar? If yes, will this be added globally? I'm guessing not but worth asking...

Thanks!

Craig Eves
Re: Enrollment notifications - Audience enrolled to a course
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 6 March 2023, 7:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Francesca

Centralised notification work through inheriting the content from a higher level . 

The course notification has only been introduced in Totara 17 with no legacy notifications so you will probably need to create one a site level to be inherited to all the lower levels

regards