Totara Learn Open Discussions

Switch roles error

Barbara Shaw
Switch roles error
by Barbara Shaw - Monday, 13 March 2023, 9:19 AM

Hi! One of my course creators wanted to switch her role into the learner role to see the learner view. This is for a program with 4 courses. She got the error "The course is currently unavailable to learners." Can you explain why this error is showing?

me
Re: Switch roles error
by George Angus - Monday, 13 March 2023, 2:55 PM
Group Totara

Hi Barbara,

Its difficult to tell without more information, but the course could be hidden, or in a hidden category. Can you look at what's different in the unavailable course to the available courses - that would be a good start.

cheers,

George.

Barbara Shaw
by Barbara Shaw - Tuesday, 14 March 2023, 7:00 AM

Thank you , George - will take a look! Cheers :)

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 14 March 2023, 12:27 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi Barbara, we've had the same error message with some of our e-learning courses.  It was down to the enrolment methods I had not selected, it is worth taking a look at that.  

Sue

Barbara Shaw
by Barbara Shaw - Tuesday, 14 March 2023, 6:59 AM

Thanks, Sue - will check that out!

Olumuyiwa Taiwo
by Olumuyiwa Taiwo - Wednesday, 24 May 2023, 4:50 PM
Group Partners

Hi Sue

Do you remember which enrolment method you had to select to make the error message go away? Or, the combination of enrolment methods on the course.

Muyi

Sue Blake
by Sue Blake - Tuesday, 30 May 2023, 1:58 AM
Group Good learner 2023Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022Group Most helpful contributor 2023Group TXP Site AdministratorGroup V18 Program Complete

Hi Muyi

I think it was the Self Enrolment (Learner) option.  

Sue

Olumuyiwa Taiwo
by Olumuyiwa Taiwo - Sunday, 9 July 2023, 10:39 PM
Group Partners

Thanks Sue!

Apologies for the late response.