Totara Learn Open Discussions

"Source contains all records" and "HR Import?" Query

Stephen Gentile
"Source contains all records" and "HR Import?" Query
door Stephen Gentile - Monday, 20 March 2023, 16:09 PM

We are looking to enable the automatic suspension of user accounts that are no longer employed. To our understanding, by ticking the "Source contains all records" box this will suspend anyone who is not on our HR Import list. Our issue is that we have a small number of user accounts that are contractors which have been added manually and do not appear on the HR Import csv list.

Under each user account there is the "HR Import?" box that is ticked for all user accounts except for the contractors. If we check these boxes and fill in their idnumber fields will the checked "Source contains all records" box keep these contractor accounts active or does it ignore the "HR Import?" field and will suspend them as they are not contained in the HR Import .csv list.

Craig Eves
Re: "Source contains all records" and "HR Import?" Query
door Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 23 March 2023, 19:20 PM
Groep Totara

Hi Stephen

I tried to test out the behaviour out with these settings for suspending users with all records selected for the upload. My ile wasn't processed so you may have to test this out yourself. Choosing the delete action as suspending is a good option so the records are recoverable.

My theory on the expected behaviour was that the records that don't have the HR Import ticked wouldn't be suspended as HR Import only processes records that have HR import ticked.

regards