Totara Learn Open Discussions

customize report filters

Patricia Maher
customize report filters
by Patricia Maher - Friday, 19 May 2023, 12:12 PM

Hi - When I add a filter to a report for managers, it includes drop-down options that don't make sense for them. For instance, in a View Users report, the "user status" filter includes a drop-down for "suspended tenant." This is meaningless to anyone but an admin. Is there any way to edit the drop-downs for filters to comment out a status that will only confuse users? 

Craig Eves
Re: customize report filters
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 23 May 2023, 8:46 PM
Group Totara

Hi Patricia

The values of all the values for the filters are available for all roles are shown.

A way around this could be to use a saved search for the report filter values you want to use

Regards

Patricia Maher
Re: customize report filters
by Patricia Maher - Wednesday, 24 May 2023, 11:15 AM

Thanks, Craig. So there is no way to remove a value from the drop down filter, correct? Based on your suggestion, I played with saved searches, but I think that might confuse people too as they will see the label "Saved Searches" and they would not have saved any searches. so I don't think that approach is user-friendly either. I think my only option is to either remove the filter altogether (unfortunate as it could be useful except for that one option) or explain that there is an option they should ignore?