Totara Perform Open Discussions

Setting competencies for appraisals as an administrator

Shane Reeves
Setting competencies for appraisals as an administrator
by Shane Reeves - Thursday, 29 June 2023, 8:26 PM

Hello all,

I am looking at establishing a new performance activity within T15 that includes the ability for employees to self-assess against competencies. The part that I am getting stuck on is that I want the administrator to be able to set the competencies for an audience, as opposed to allowing (or requiring) the subject, or manager select the competencies themselves.

The use case, is that at the beginning of the year we want the employee to self assess against all of our company competencies. We have 8 in total. My understanding of the current set up is that I need to select either the subject, the manager, or another person as the one who would have to add each of the competencies individually. I am using audiences so they can only select from the 8 that are appropriate for their level (they are tiered in the organisation). But I would prefer to not have to put this requirement on them, and instead have it pre-populated with all of their relevant competencies, either through using audience, or by creating different activities based on the audiences.

Really keen to what solutions may exist to reduce this load from our end users.

Cheers

Shane

Phil Williscroft
Re: Setting competencies for appraisals as an administrator
by Phil Williscroft - Friday, 30 June 2023, 1:39 PM

Hi Shane.

The competency selector in the competency review element has a select all. So users can achieve this with 1 click.

Hope that helps.

Phil