Suggest Totara Talent Experience Platform features

FTE hours metadata for Learner Profile

harry woodward-clarke
FTE hours metadata for Learner Profile
by harry woodward-clarke - Sunday, 16 July 2023, 10:09 PM
Group TXP Site Administrator

Hi there,

with the increasing casualisation of the job market, and/or job sharing, it is becoming more 'the norm' that positions are working a portion of the "full-time equivalent" (fte).

a client has asked about the possibility of metadata being added to the Job Assignment(s).

the values would vary between 0.0 and 1.0 and would need to be fully customisable - i.e. require entry either manually or programmatically, rather than a limited set of values (i.e. not limit to say 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1.0) - but various values be entered (e.g. 0.67 or 0.15)

suggested field title "FTE (Full-Time Equivalent)"

values - between 0.0 and 1.0, or 'empty' or possibly "default = 1.0"

not 'required' (or if default is going to be used, then 'required' and default '1.0')

just rattling through scenarios in my head while typing this up.

Stewart Fulton
Re: FTE hours metadata for Learner Profile
by Stewart Fulton - Wednesday, 10 January 2024, 8:14 PM
Group Good learner 2023Group Partners

I think being able to add custom fields to Job Assignment in the same way they can be added to the Org and Pos frameworks would be ideal. This would create the flexibility to service the various needs to multiple clients, partners, etc.

A client is introducing multiple job assignments soon and this means that data that they were storing in the user profile fields - fulltime/partime/casual, grade, pay centre etc - no longer has a 1:1 relationship.

Adding that metadata into the POS/ORG framework wouldn't be suitable either as this would mean 100 different positions could quickly turn into 1000+ with all the pay variations needed.

If introduced then it would need to be able to be imported by HR Import, used in audiences and reporting.

But I don't think having multiple 'types' of job assignments with different custom field sets would necessary.

Daniel Bond
Re: FTE hours metadata for Learner Profile
by Daniel Bond - Monday, 5 February 2024, 3:09 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

100% agree with this, the inability to add custom fields to job assignments (and organisations) feels like a real gap functionality-wise. Once we've transitioned to Totara Perform (when appraisals can finally be properly assigned per-job), we will be looking at multiple job assignments as our next project. Not being able to record additional items of information (not just FTE, but job coding, staff group, etc.) is likely to be a blocker for us doing that.