Totara Learn Open Discussions

Adding comments when doing bulk course completion uploads

Nana Jones
Adding comments when doing bulk course completion uploads
di Nana Jones - Sunday, 30 July 2023, 20:15

Hi community,

We're currently getting ready to migrate to Totara from another LMS. We will be uploading course completion history via CSV but was wondering if there is a way to add comments into the completion history at the same time.

For example we want to be able to:

• Mark User A as having completed Course A on xx date.

• Add a comment against the completion record to say "User A has completed xyz on previous LMS"

I know there is an option to add comments when you mark someone as complete via RPL, but is there a way to do it in bulk?

Sue Blake
Re: Adding comments when doing bulk course completion uploads
di Sue Blake - Sunday, 30 July 2023, 23:08
Gruppo Good learner 2023Gruppo Most Helpful Contributor 2022Gruppo Most helpful contributor 2023Gruppo TXP Site AdministratorGruppo V18 Program Complete

When we imported records from a previous system into Totara Version 12 we used a Type Category so all imported records came through coded to show they were imports from XYZ System. The records were able to be imported with both completion and expiry date.

You just need to make sure you have got the appropriate field names to match the import.

I would suggest testing it with a small number of records as if there is an error you can't bulk delete the uploaded records and if you do it again you will end up with duplicate records as it doesn't replace the previous one (my learn learnt!).

Sue