Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

One report for program and certificaton

H SJ
One report for program and certificaton
by H SJ - Thursday, 17 August 2023, 3:11 PM

Our mandatory training is a combination of once off and annual courses. Program and cetrt. We need one report to display both the completion data. is there a way?

thank you

Craig Eves
Re: One report for program and certificaton
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 22 August 2023, 8:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Henna

There isn't a way to combine these reports for program and certifications in the user interface.

A couple of ideas 

• export both reports to a spreadsheet and combine the reports 
  • instead of using programs use  a certification with a very long active period so it doesn't expire so you can use the same report source. For existing programs Hide the program and any courses completed in the program should populate the course completion in the certification.  I think the users would still need to be assigned to the program so they aren't unenrolled from the courses - I haven't tested this out so it would pay to check out in a test site 

regards

H SJ
by H SJ - Thursday, 31 August 2023, 9:17 PM

Thank you Craig that is a good idea - it would make cert completion report - one report I need. thank you, will give it a test. I have another question, is there a way to edit the 'Required' text that comes up next to the cert/program course on 'mY Course to complete' section -can we make it so say 'Mandatory or anything else?

appreciate your help

thank you

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 17 September 2023, 5:14 PM
Group Totara

Hi

It is possible to edit a text string that appears in the Totara interface by editing the language string in the language pack as described here

if you edit the language pack an search for the string containing 'Required' you can change this to what you prefer.

regards

Petra Dodd
by Petra Dodd - Thursday, 14 December 2023, 9:47 AM

Hi HSJ I wonder what did you do in the end? We also have a mixture of mandatory courses which don't need refresh and ones that do. We were thinking we could create a dashboard with one report showing the courses that didn't need refreshing and one report showing the certifications.

i can see a few issues

• on the courses (not certifications) people could unenrol themselves then the course won't appear in their mandatory training report.

• some of our courses are only mandatory for specific groups of staff. Other staff could self-enrol then these courses could appear in their mandatory courses could appear in their mandatory training course report

It feels as though setting up certifications far in the future might solve most of these. I am slightly worried colleagues won't understand this. How have you found it works. Or is there another way round these issues.

thank you!