Totara Learn Open Discussions

CUSTOMISING CERTIFICATES

SS K
CUSTOMISING CERTIFICATES
di SS K - Wednesday, 29 November 2023, 01:44

All I want to do is the following which seems impossible! I wish to add the User ID field to the certificate, so that it populates automatically. Secondly, I want to change the colour of 'CERTIFICATE of ACHIEVEMENT' from blue to black. I've contacted our Host for support on this matter and they said neither can be done. I find this impossible to believe in this day and age.

Please can you advise if this is the case, thank you.

Craig Eves
Re: CUSTOMISING CERTIFICATES
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 30 November 2023, 17:33
Gruppo Totara

Hi

There is limited ability to customise the format of the existing certificate module . The text colour is not one of the existing supported formats.

There are some third party certificate plugins that allow the formatting to be changed in the interface.

The workaround in the existing certificate activity If you want full control over the appearance of the Certificate is to use an image for all of the non changing content including text and images and upload as a border image and use this. This allows for precise placement and formatting of content.

regards

Charles Anto
di Charles Anto - Saturday, 2 December 2023, 08:39

Hi,

There exists a plugin known as customcert that fulfills all your requirements.

Thanks & Regards,

Charles.

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 3 December 2023, 14:41
Gruppo Totara

Hi Charles

We evaluated this plugin a while ago and there were some issue with the UX and the certificate pdf not being stored anywhere . Do you know if these issues have been addressed recently ?

regards