Totara Learn Open Discussions

Seminar Event Report Source

Deborah Jackson
Seminar Event Report Source
by Deborah Jackson - Tuesday, 12 December 2023, 5:39 AM

Hi

There is a column in this report source called Take Attendance (Linked to take Attendance). All of our trainers are assigned at course level and are unable to see the column at all. How can I enable them to see the column?

Regards

Debbie

Craig Eves
Re: Seminar Event Report Source
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 12 December 2023, 4:32 PM
Group Totara

Hi Debbie

The default trainer role has all of the take attendance permissions - can you check that the Take attendance:mod/facetoface:takeattendance is allowed for this role.

Do the users see anything in the take attendance column such can be taken or can't be taken or is the column not in the report?

regatrds

Deborah Jackson
by Deborah Jackson - Thursday, 14 December 2023, 4:47 AM

Hi Craig

Yes, our editing trainers and trainers have this permission at the course level. As a site administrator, if I assign myself as a trainer, I can see the column, however my trainers don't see the column at all.

Regards

Debbie

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 14 December 2023, 4:10 PM
Group Totara

Hi Deborah

This does sound like a permission issue - there may be something different about the permissions from the two trainers maybe a role override at the activity level. Are you able to check the permissions at the activity level?

If this doesn't help then can you or your partner put in a ticket giving details of versions and a copy of the role/s assigned to the user.

regards

Deborah Jackson
by Deborah Jackson - Friday, 15 December 2023, 8:30 AM

Thanks Craig, will do. No trainers can see the column.

Regards

Debbie