Totara Learn Open Discussions

Certification - Archived completion even though in Certification window

Jasmin Floto
Certification - Archived completion even though in Certification window
di Jasmin Floto - Tuesday, 9 January 2024, 20:32

Based on the thread https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=24531, I enrolled an Audience consisting of 364 people in a Certification for a course that is required to be completed on a yearly basis.

I noticed that for some people, it has archived their training records, and they are coming up as non-certified even though they have recently completed the training.

One particular case, the individual completed the course on the 1st September 2023, which means they are not due for a refresher until 1st September 2024.

I have set the Recertification Details to:

• Recertification date: Use certification expiry date

• Active Period

• Certification is active for: 1 Year

• Recertification Window

• Period window opens before expiration: 3 months.

Can someone please assist and help me rectify this problem? I have previously reached out to one of our direct contacts to get a better understanding of Certifications, but still haven't received any assistance, and it is getting to the point where we have been using Totara for a year now, and I need to create Certifications for majority of our courses, and will likely keep running into this problem.

Thank you very much!

Craig Eves
Re: Certification - Archived completion even though in Certification window
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 11 January 2024, 19:10
Gruppo Totara

Hi Jasmin

Can you go to Edit Certification details and check the Assignments tab of the Certification for the audience and check what the due date settings are. These may be event based such as complete within a year of first logging in

To get a better idea of what is happening you can enable the certification completion editor and select the completions tab and edit the completion record of the user

regards

Jasmin Floto
di Jasmin Floto - Wednesday, 17 January 2024, 12:43

Hi Craig,

that person doesn't have a due date set, where most people in the audience had a due date automatically set, based on their last completion.

I have also come across another quirk. A different user completed the training on the 10th February 2023. Their due date is set for 10th February 2024. They did a refresher of the training on the 9th November 2023. However it has archived that record, and it is still showing that they are due on the 10th February 2024, when really it should have now been pushed out to 9th November 2024. Do you know why this could be happening?

And to note, completion is measured by attendance of a seminar booking.

Craig Eves
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 18 January 2024, 17:14
Gruppo Totara

Hi Jasmin

This is probably going to need a ticket to analyses further as theer are lots of settings that can affect the dates and have been some changes and fixes in different Totara versions.

Are you or your partner able to create a ticket with details on versions and setting for the Certification and a copy of the transaction log if possible.

Regards