Totara Learn Open Discussions

Future plans for supporting/deprecating the mustache template library?

Belfast
Future plans for supporting/deprecating the mustache template library?
de Stephen Sharpe - Wednesday, 10 de January de 2024, 01:13
Grupo Partners

A response to one of my previously raised Helpdesk requests - HD-19513:

This is the expected behaviour of Totara and there are no immediate plans to include this support. We are moving away from from using mustache template in favour of the new TUI framework so may not be very likely this will happen

Do we have any specific guidelines of when this move is likely to happen? We have a number of plugins that heavily rely on the mustache engine, so it would be good to have an idea to plan ahead. I'd imagine this will move in the format of deprecation for a specific period and then complete removal?

Bryn Whyman
Re: Future plans for supporting/deprecating the mustache template library?
de Bryn Whyman - Monday, 22 de January de 2024, 17:31
Grupo Totara

Hi, sorry for the late response here.

I'm a product manager at Totara, working on the core platform and areas such as this.

When it comes to Totara development, we favour Vue for front-end development using the TUI framework. As such, this is where our effort goes, but I can confirm that we have no plans to drop support for mustache at this stage.

Should this happen in the future, we would follow our standard deprecation guidelines and advanced warning as noted here: https://totara.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DEV/pages/121187267/Deprecation+guidelines