Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

Audience mapping

M Munir
Audience mapping
by M Munir - Tuesday, 30 January 2024, 4:34 AM

Hi,

I am trying to map Audience for my Trust. However, we come across the below issues and are not sure how to resolve:

Notes:

• We are trying to map the certification against specific audience rules. The audience rules we will set will by dynamic, as we need to drive the data by position tiles, division and departments for EPR training as the training staff require will be role/area specific.

• Staff in the Trust will fall into different audience based position tiles, division and departments. On occasion these rule will overlap (which we assume is an OR rule)

Issues notice:

• When we apply more than 2 rules the system drives the audience in rule to 0

• When we validate the data against our HR report, there numbers with in the audience number do not match. They data/rules has only worked once when we had 1 rule applied and validated against of HR report.

• We have tried different combination of OR/AND in the rules but we are having no luck.

Hoping someone is able to provide support on this. Thank you

Craig Eves
Re: Audience mapping
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 30 January 2024, 1:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi

Can you check what the Ruke set setting is for Membership setting between every rule set - I think this should be OR

In your screenshot of the criteria there isn't an AND or OR showing between the rulesets

Regards

Andrew Metcalfe
Re: Audience mapping
by Andrew Metcalfe - Tuesday, 30 January 2024, 2:08 PM
Group Most Helpful Contributor 2022

May I suggest that for debugging only, separate each rule to a different audience, and verify each one independently. Then create another audience to include members of each of the individual audiences (OR rule as you mentioned). Then check the total.
If all is OK, you can then build a single audience using OR between rules, plus I presume AND within each rule. Then remove the test audiences. The use of 'include children' while selecting items is particularly important for organisation levels/locations.

cheers, Andrew