Totara Talent Experience Platform Open Discussions

LinkedIn Learning Integration

Aaron Mathew
LinkedIn Learning Integration
by Aaron Mathew - Wednesday, 29 May 2024, 8:33 PM
Group Partners

I have some questions in regards to LinkedIn Learning integration:

1. If an organisation has been using LinkedIn Learning in the past and now decides to integrate their LinkedIn Learning to their Totara site, will historical completion record be pushed to Totara?

2. If users always log in directly to LinkedIn Learning site to browse and complete their courses, will completion report/ progress report be pushed to Totara (assuming they also have an account on Totara using the same email address they use on LinkedIn Learning)

3. Does the Totara Site Admin have to download all the courses they use to Totara site to be able to report on it? The problem we are facing now is that we have a huge number of courses that our learners access on LinkedIn (close to 10,000 courses) and downloading all of these courses will slow down the performance of our Totara site as we already have a huge number of Go1 courses downloaded too.

Natalia Kurikova
Re: LinkedIn Learning Integration
by Natalia Kurikova - Monday, 3 June 2024, 8:41 PM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

I had similar questions a while ago (and they were discussed in this post), so I recommend also testing with your specific version as the results might be version-specific (I tested this on Totara 15).

1. I found that learner's completion was pushed from Linkedin when an External marketplace activity was being added. So, if a user completed a course in LinkedinLearning and then we added that course on Totara and enrolled the user in it, the completion was recorded for the learner.

2. The user can log into LinkedinLearning and complete courses there, but on the Totara end the courses should be created and users enrolled into them for the completion to be added to the Record of Learning.

3. You could always use Linkedin reports in addition to Totara ones. Our organisation curated a selection of Linkedin courses and made them available via Totara catalogue, but users can also log in to Linkedin directly and explore the entirety of the courses there.

Aaron Mathew
Re: LinkedIn Learning Integration
by Aaron Mathew - Wednesday, 5 June 2024, 9:19 PM
Group Partners

Thank you very much for sharing this Natalia. Looks like the solution works differently depending on what version we're on. What worked for you on v15 doesn't work on v17 apparently as we tried your suggestion (Point 1) but the information did not flow through to Totara.