Totara Learn Open Discussions

Topic format Courses - Refresher training?

Peter Rondel
Topic format Courses - Refresher training?
by Peter Rondel - Thursday, 20 June 2024, 7:44 AM
Group Partners

Hello all,

We have been using topic format courses to create SSOWs that contain a PDF (file activity), a quiz activity, a label activity, and then a Trainer Signoff activity that uses the OJT plugin from Catalyst.

A problem has arisen where we need learners to be able to retake the SSOW course, however we cannot seem to find a way to reset the progress of the course back to zero, while retaining the original completion records so we can run reports on them.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Craig Eves
Re: Topic format Courses - Refresher training?
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 20 June 2024, 7:25 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

If you reset course completions this will reset all activity progress and move the course completion record into the Historic course completion table.

Historic course completions will be shown on the user's Record of Learning as a link in the previous completions column which when clicked will show details of ths completion

regards

Peter Rondel
by Peter Rondel - Friday, 21 June 2024, 2:00 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Thank you for this, Do you know if it is possible to reset the completions for selected users, or if it has to be done for everybody at the same time?

Thanks!

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Sunday, 23 June 2024, 2:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

Users with the totara/core:archiveusercourseprogress capability can reset individual users' course completions by following these steps:

1. Go to Course administration > Course completions.

2. Find the user whose completions you would like to reset.

3. In the Actions column, select the reset icon (Reset course completion for <user name>).

4. Once you have clicked Reset completions you will be asked to confirm if you wish to proceed.

5. Click Continue.

Courses which are a part of a program or certification cannot be reset manually. This is to avoid unexpected results.

Regards

Peter Rondel
by Peter Rondel - Monday, 24 June 2024, 8:31 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

I'm not sure where to find the "Course Completions" option in the Course Administration box. There is one there that allows me to set the completion criteria, but i cannot find one that would allow me to search for a user and perform any actions on them.

Would you be able to provide screenshots of the process if possible?

Thanks!

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 24 June 2024, 3:53 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

Apologies - I copied this from the help but this isn't correct - it should be under Course admin > Reports > Course completion so will get this changed in the help

regards

Craig

Peter Rondel
by Peter Rondel - Tuesday, 25 June 2024, 7:09 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Thanks for explaining, it all works great now.

Some of our courses that we need to reset have the OJT activity in them from Catalyst and I cannot find a way to retain the signoff sheet contents when we reset the course.

Are you able to think of any way to do this?

Thanks!

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 25 June 2024, 4:09 PM
Group Totara

Hi Peter

Sorry I am not familiar with this plugin so better to be asked from the developers of the plugin .

Regards

Peter Rondel
by Peter Rondel - Wednesday, 26 June 2024, 6:43 AM
Group Partners

No problem, I have contacted them now.

Thanks for the help Craig!