Totara Learn Open Discussions

Practice Quizzes - Don't count toward grade AND don't show in the gradebook / grader report / user report

Matthew Uhrich
Practice Quizzes - Don't count toward grade AND don't show in the gradebook / grader report / user report
di Matthew Uhrich - Tuesday, 24 September 2024, 14:04

I'm trying to setup some practice quizzes that users can see how they did (so get results when they finish), but it won't affect the overall course grade and won't show up for admins or users in the grader or user reports.

I've currently solved this by making it "extra credit" and making the multiplicator 0. This means on the grader report and on the user report the grades show up as 0% and don't affect the course score. This technically works… but it feels messy for the end users. If the grade doesn't count - why even show it on the reports.

Is there a way to change the "Grade type" from "Value" to "None" for something setup as a quiz activity? (see "current settings attached)

Is there a way to "Hide" this and have it not show at all for the gradebook setup? (I can hide SCORM but not Quizzes under "Actions"

Any suggestions?

Craig Eves
Re: Practice Quizzes - Don't count toward grade AND don't show in the gradebook / grader report / user report
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 24 September 2024, 20:28
Gruppo Totara

Hi Matthew

The quiz activity requires a numeric grade for each question so you can't change the grading method.

Hiding the Quiz is only possible in the activity and not the grade

I can't thin k of a way around this so your solution is probably required if you want to hide the grade.

regards