Totara Learn Open Discussions

Purge data

Muhammad Jamil
Purge data
di Muhammad Jamil - Wednesday, 25 September 2024, 11:09

Hi Totara Community,

I am setting up purge type for suspended user, I have performed following steps in order to purge the data for suspended users.

Step 1: Add purge type for suspend users opt for Automatic purging once user is suspended

I am not quite sure what user data I select from the list when purge type is applied. There are lot of items on the list but I want to select must to have items from the list or should I select all items like user, activity, block and completion etc

Step 2: Schedule user deletion with condition if user status is suspended. I keep the duration for

two years older data

Step 3: As per reading other post related to purge topic the above two steps will purge the newly suspended account data. therefore I need to setup bulk user action for already suspended users.

I need expert suggestion the above steps will delete the data of suspended users whose accounts have been suspended two years ago.

Best Regards,

Jamil

Craig Eves
Re: Purge data
di Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 26 September 2024, 17:01
Gruppo Totara

Hi Muhammad

The setting you have for the scheduled user action will delete users who have been suspended 2 or more years ago. See help docs for steps on how to set this up.

The data that you select for deletion depends on any legal requirements that the local privacy regulations require plus your own organisation requirements. The aim is to only retain private information that is necessary

regards