Best practice forum (Archived)

T2.6 Missing Site Admin -> Appearance features

Cheers!
T2.6 Missing Site Admin -> Appearance features
by James Gale - Wednesday, 4 March 2015, 3:55 AM

Hello

Has anyone come across this before?  I was trying to locate the config where an admin can disable the name of trainers/course creators appearing in the course summary.  I couldn’t locate it in any Site Admin menu so searched for it and located/updated it it that way. (see zip file image #1)

What’s odd is that I am prevented from accesssing via the Site Admin -> Appearance -> Courses as its not visible to me.  Also after the inital search in first point (see image #, if I click Courses directly I’m shown an access denied message. (see image #2)

Looking in the Site Admin menu, I’m only permitted to see Media Embedding. I've checked user permissions and am set to be a site admin. (see image #3)

I’ve checked another T2.6 site and this shows what I would expect (see image #4). So does anyone what enables the Appearance menu in full as displayed below? Do I need to have specified a theme for instance (the site I’m working with doesn’t)? 

Anyone know why :)

Thanks

James

Tom Ireland
Re: T2.6 Missing Site Admin -> Appearance features
by Tom Ireland - Friday, 6 March 2015, 7:28 AM
Group Totara

Hi, James

I've not seen this kind of thing come up before. It does look like a permissions issue, but as you've mentioned you're a Site Administrator, could it be maybe be to do with a possible customisation or issue created during installation or upgrade?

If possibly the latter (installation or upgrade), please raise a ticket with us via the helpdesk and we'll investigate it.

Thanks.

Tom

Cheers!
by James Gale - Monday, 9 March 2015, 2:10 AM

Hi Tom

Thanks for the response.  This was experienced in a 'fresh out the box, vanilla' install of Totara.  There's no known customisations, it hasnt even been themed as yet.

I'll raise a ticket, could you let me know what information you need?

Cheers

James

Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Monday, 9 March 2015, 6:24 AM
Group Totara

Hi, James

Yes, if you could raise a ticket with the following information, that would be great:

• Version of Totara installed
  • Database name and version e.g. MySQL, PostreSQL etc.
  • Server operating system and version

Thanks.

Tom

Cheers!
by James Gale - Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:06 AM

Thanks Tom..have raised

https://helpdesk.totaralms.com/portal/ticket/1830