Best practice forum (Archived)

Converting a "Recurring courses" (program) into a (annual) "Recurring" certification?

Wen Hao Chuang
Converting a "Recurring courses" (program) into a (annual) "Recurring" certification?
by Wen Hao Chuang - Monday, 23 February 2015, 12:02 PM

As title, has people done this before? What are the steps involved, and any potential outgoing messages that should be surpressed in advance?

Tom Ireland
Re: Converting a "Recurring courses" (program) into a (annual) "Recurring" certification?
by Tom Ireland - Friday, 6 March 2015, 8:04 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Wen

Have a look at the documentation on our help site regarding Certifications and that will give you a good understanding of how to set them up and configure them prior to assigning any users.

You will be able to configure your certification and re-certification paths, messages and certification expiry and completion options prior to assignment. You can even hide it whilst you're setting everything up. My recommendation would be to set up your Certification first and leave assignments until you're happy with everything set up, then assign users as required and you're done!

I hope that helps!

Cheers.

Tom

Wen Hao Chuang
Re: Converting a "Recurring courses" (program) into a (annual) "Recurring" certification?
by Wen Hao Chuang - Friday, 6 March 2015, 11:05 AM

Hi Tom, thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

We had one program that has recurring course setup, but later one we realized that "certifications" might be a better solution (more sustainable), that's why we are considering to convert that program (with recurring course), to "certification" (with annual recurring).

I guess I was asking whether someone had done this before, and whether there is anything that we need to be aware of if we do this type of conversion... Hope this make sense, thanks!