Best practice forum (Archived)

Alternative to 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity'?

Michelle Lamont
Alternative to 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity'?
by Michelle Lamont - Wednesday, 20 May 2015, 5:50 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for advice / recommendations for an alternative activity to use in place of the 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity' that we're currently using to track activities such as:

• Allow a staff member to upload an external course completion certificate which marks a course complete
  • Manually grade a learner as 'Complete' once they demonstrate a practical assessment
  • Manually grade a learner as 'Complete' for an external self-paced / eLearning course they have untaken
  • Manually grade a learner as 'Complete' for completing other offline activities that aren't face-to-face

Whilst the activities 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity' enable us to track completion of the above, I'm finding the words 'Assignment' and 'Submission' has been causing some confusion.

Should we be using a different activity type that will enable us to achieve the same outcome but without the 'Assignment' terminology?  Is there an activity plugin we should be considering?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michelle

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 20 May 2015, 9:01 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
David
Re: Alternative to 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity'?
by David Shaw - Thursday, 21 May 2015, 1:40 AM

Hi Michelle,

I think you will be interested in this thread https://totara.community/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=18220 as an activity which will meet the last 3 of your requirements is currently being developed by xtractor.

David

Michelle Lamont
Re: Alternative to 'Assignment' and 'Offline Activity'?
by Michelle Lamont - Monday, 8 June 2015, 9:59 PM

Thanks Amir and David for your suggestions.  Will look into both.