Best practice forum (Archived)

HR Sync - posstartdate and posenddate

Michelle Lamont
HR Sync - posstartdate and posenddate
by Michelle Lamont - Monday, 8 June 2015, 9:53 PM

Hi,

We are testing syncronising additional data from our HR System to Totara in our dev environment, including Position Start Date, Position End Date and Start Date.  We're using V2.7.1.

I have setup a custom 'Start Date' field and have been successful synchronising the data to Totara.  However I'm getting the attached error messages when synchronising Position End Date and Position Start Date utilising the existing position fields.

Following the errors, to test our HR data I setup 2 additional custom fields for Position Start Date and Position End Date and the data synchronised successfully.  I'm thinking this confirms there's an issue with mapping the data to the existing Position Start and Position End fields?

To confirm our settings:

• The 'CSV Import date format' field is set to: Y-m-d which matches the format of the data.
  • The fields selected to import include:
    • Position start date (posstartdate)
    • Position end date (posenddate)
  • The field mappings have been set accordingly:
    • position_start_date
    • position_end_date
  • During the testing phase, we populated the blank Position End Date fields with 1900-01-01 in case this was throwing an erro

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michelle

Tom Wood
Re: HR Sync - posstartdate and posenddate
by Tom Wood - Monday, 15 June 2015, 8:23 AM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

I can see that you've now raised this issue as ticket through our help-desk, we'll now continue to provide you updates and responses using the support channel (help-desk).

Thanks

Tom Wood
Totara Product Support