Best practice forum (Archived)

NHS Trusts & Other User Groups

Rita Ansbro
NHS Trusts & Other User Groups
by Rita Ansbro - Thursday, 30 January 2014, 1:28 AM

Hi

Are there any other NHS Trusts using Totara who hold a User Group?  We have recently held a User Group meeting with York/Scarborough, Sheffield, Central London and Locarla NHS Trust and would be glad to hear from any other user groups throughout England/Wales/Scotland that might be useful to us.

Rita

Daniel Bond
Re: NHS Trusts & Other User Groups
by Daniel Bond - Thursday, 30 January 2014, 2:08 AM
Group Most helpful contributor 2023

We've been using Totara here in Hull for about 18 months I think, mostly very impressed with it. Would definitely be interested in hearing the experiences of others in the NHS because I would imagine there are a set of issues which all Trusts will experience and which there may be common solutions to.

Dan

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Friday, 31 January 2014, 3:30 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

I represent the York/Scarborough contingent of the usergroup mentioned above. 

It would be great if we could get together with other NHS organisations to share ideas and knowledge either virtually or in person.

Steph

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Wednesday, 27 August 2014, 6:58 AM

Hello all,

I have to ask, have any of you found a successful way to use face-to-face that records everything you need to know about a booking? The two main issues we're running into currently are:

- Learners can self enrol, and then unenrol all the way up to the date of the course - which is just not practical. We need to know why they've withdrawn for DNAs, etc.

- Taking attendance, including recording details relating to their attendance: we need alternatives like DNA - illness, DNA - required on ward, attended - did not attain competence, etc. 

I guess I could open this up to the larger group, but I hoped other NHS orgs might have run into this before and found a creative way to address it. Right now we record face-to-face courses in ESR and e-learning via Totara, which isn't sustainable. The learners need a one-stop-shop for their learning. Any info you have would be great. 

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Friday, 14 February 2014, 3:43 AM

Hi all,

I work for an NHS Trust using another LMS currently, but work with Totara on another project and anticipate that the Trust will move for Totara in the near future. There isn't a local group currently (Cambridgeshire) but I'd like to connect with others in the NHS as well as we'll inevitably face similar issues. 

? ?
by ? ? - Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 4:56 AM

Hi Aja,

Count me in!

Russell

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS FT

Pete Potter
by Pete Potter - Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 7:43 AM

Hi 

This is a great idea.

Lots of the NHS folk I've worked face similar issues and would benefit from sharing their experience with each other and Totara.

Pete

Rob Bloor
by Rob Bloor - Monday, 1 September 2014, 1:56 AM

Hi

I'm the Sheffield contact Rita mention when starting the thread.  Definitely count me in.  Perhaps would be good to have another place to discuss and then come back with common issues rather that discusisng them here? Any sugestions?

May also be good to find out what our potential users are that we are suppporting, we have 16,000 here in Sheffield.

Rob

me
by George Angus - Monday, 1 September 2014, 3:12 PM
Group Totara

Hi folks,

I could certainly set up an NHS user group on this site - say a course with a forum in which anyone in the NHS could participate, I wonder though what sort of set up would be best - would you need someone set up as a manager/editing trainer? Or an enrollment key? Any suggestions?

br,

George.

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Monday, 15 September 2014, 2:31 AM

Hi George,

Do you have any other user groups who have found a managing editor/enrollment key helpful or necessary?

I'd be fine with either option, or even the possibility of a group with open enrolment to people already in Subscriber forums as I'd pretty much only ever be talking about the kind of topics I already read/contribute to in General discussions, just with some NHS specific context.

me
by George Angus - Monday, 15 September 2014, 1:54 PM
Group Totara

Hi Aja,

There are a couple which have proven to be very popular - they consist of forums in which people can can exchange ideas and materials, messaging and so forth. It would be easy enough to set up an audience based on any number of critera which would automatically enroll NHS users only. What would be useful would be to know who to enoll with what capabilities in the course - ie trainer etc. Drop me a line if you have anything you'd like to discuss.

cheers,

George.

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 6 October 2014, 6:49 AM

Hi George,

Whatever we decide it needs to be as simple as possible, can we set up criteria to match anyone with an email address ending nhs.uk or nhs.net, to automatically enrol them in an audience?  I suspect this will pick up the vast majority of NHS users.

Steph

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Monday, 6 October 2014, 6:49 AM

Hi George,

Whatever we decide it needs to be as simple as possible, can we set up criteria to match anyone with an email address ending nhs.uk or nhs.net, to automatically enrol them in an audience?  I suspect this will pick up the vast majority of NHS users.

Steph

Aja Rennie
by Aja Rennie - Monday, 6 October 2014, 7:30 AM

Hi again,

If the group needs a managing editor/trainer I'm willing to volunteer for a term unless the group wants to nominate someone else. -Aja

me
by George Angus - Monday, 6 October 2014, 3:50 PM
Group Totara

Hi Aja,

Ive emailed you directly.

regards,

George.