Best practice forum (Archived)

Expected behavior of reports after user removed from dynamic audience

Patricia Arenas
Expected behavior of reports after user removed from dynamic audience
by Patricia Arenas - Monday, 13 July 2015, 9:49 AM

Hi folks! I'm new to the Totara Forums so please bear with me. I have a couple of question regarding the reports and dynamic audiences, specifically for the "program completion" report and "certification completion report."

In our use case, we changed the ruleset of our dynamic audience to exclude some users after the program or certification was launched. These users were successfully removed from the audience, however when we run the reports, they still show up even though they are no longer assigned to training. Is this the expected behavior?

If so, is there a plan to change this behavior in future Totara version? This behavior is quite confusing for managers.

In addition to that, is there a difference between the behavior of the reports in program completion report vs. the certification completion report?

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice!

Pertinent info: We are on Totara  v2.5.23.1.

-Trish

me
Re: Expected behavior of reports after user removed from dynamic audience
by George Angus - Thursday, 16 July 2015, 4:42 PM
Group Totara

Hi Trish,

The reports (and program/certifications) will update on the program cron run. Can you be more specific about what differences in the reports you are seeing? Also I couldnt find the Certification Completion report source in 25.23.1 - so I tested in 25.24. Can you double check what v. you have?

Thanks,

George.

Patricia Arenas
by Patricia Arenas - Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:38 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for looking into this. The issue I am coming up against is the following:

1. John Doe is auto-enrolled in some programs and certifications via an audience. 

2. Within a month John Doe gets a promotion and moves to a different department and no longer needs the training he was enrolled in, so wremove John from the audience of the associated programs and certifications. 

3. John Doe's former manager runs the monthly Completion Reports for his team, and sees John Doe's name in the report with a "not complete" notation, even though John is not in the audience for any of the trainings any longer.

We thought that removing someone from an audience (again this person has not completed the training) would remove them from the reports as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I did a double check and we are on Totara Version 2.5.23.1.

Best,

Trish

me
by George Angus - Monday, 20 July 2015, 3:24 PM
Group Totara

Hi Trish,

We have an enhancement request for filtering out unenrolled learners from the report & we will let you know of its' progress in due course.

cheers,

George.

Patricia Arenas
by Patricia Arenas - Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 1:16 PM

Oh good to know, that would be a very welcome enhancement. :) Thanks for your time George!

Isabelle Jean
by Isabelle Jean - Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 4:17 AM

Removing users from reports once they are removed from dynamic audiences would be a huge benefit for us too.