Best practice forum (Archived)

F2F - User Cancelled & Rebooked - course completion not updating

Michelle Lamont
F2F - User Cancelled & Rebooked - course completion not updating
by Michelle Lamont - Monday, 24 August 2015, 6:04 PM

Hi,

I have a situation where a trainer removed some staff bookings from a F2F session because they turned up to a different session (a mix of earlier and later sessions than the original booking). They are classified as 'User Cancelled' against the original sessions.

These staff members  were then booked against the sessions they attended by the trainer and their status updated to Fully Attended following the session.

This means each staff member has a 1 x User Cancelled and 1 x Fully Attended against the same F2F activity.

The overall Course Completion is dependent on the F2F activity being 'Fully Attended' by the learner.

However, the learners in question aren't being marked as complete against the course. It seems to be due to the 'User Cancelled' status against each learner. Shouldn't the 'Fully Attended' status overwrite this?

Thanks,

Michelle

me
Re: F2F - User Cancelled & Rebooked - course completion not updating
by George Angus - Monday, 24 August 2015, 8:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

I couldnt replicate this, that is the "Fully Attended" status combined with a "User Cancelled" status still resulted in the f2f being completed. Can you confirm the Course completion settings are solely dependent on activity completion? 

cheers,

George.

Michelle Lamont
by Michelle Lamont - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 5:50 PM

Hi George,

Course completion is solely dependent on completion of the F2F activity, however course completion conditions were changed when completion data already existed.  Perhaps this put it in a spin?

As a workaround, which I just did then, I changed each attendee F2F status from Fully Attended to Not Set and back to Fully Attended.  This seemed to fix it.

Thanks, Michelle

me
by George Angus - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 8:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Michelle,

The completion critera is re-aggregated on the cron run, this will work for state-based completion such as "Fully attended" but not for event based (ie "must view").

Hope this is useful,

cheers,

George.