Best practice forum (Archived)

SCORM Issue on Upgrade

Ron Reeves
SCORM Issue on Upgrade
by Ron Reeves - Monday, 8 July 2013, 9:53 AM

We have stood up a new server running Totara 2.4.3 we have migrated our production Totara 1.9 data and have run into an issue during testing. When looking at an employee's  'My Learning' page it is displaying under the 'Course Overview' block a list of the courses but for any course that has a SCORM package it says "You have SCORM packages that need attention". This is displaying for courses that have all ready been completed by the employee. I am sure that this will cause a lot of questions/issues when we go live so hoping to rectify.

Not sure if this is a setting issue or perhaps something to do with the import of the 1.9 data over. Have also noticed that the 'Alert' block is listing F2F meetings that have occurred well in the past. Not sure if related.. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

ron

Kitty Marshall
Re: SCORM Issue on Upgrade
by Kitty Marshall - Monday, 8 July 2013, 1:52 PM

We've also got this happening on our recent 2.4 upgrade, on our one-and-only SCORM package, but thought it was related to a problem we had uploading the SCORM package initially (prior to upgrade), as one component wasn't working properly...

Yuliya Bozhko
by Yuliya Bozhko - Monday, 8 July 2013, 2:51 PM

Hi Ron,

It is not a bug, but an intended behaviour of SCORM. 

There is a set of modules (assignment, chat, forum, lesson, quiz, and scorm) that can print module overviews in the course overview area. Overview is not a status of that module in a course, but just a general message. All modules print only one message defined in a language file, for example quiz will always show "You have quizzes that are due". This is where the SCORM message comes from. We can't turn off this feature without removing this functionality for SCORM completely. There is an enhancement suggestion discussed on Moodle forums to show activities completion status in course overview, but I am not sure how far it is from actually being developed. 

Yuliya

Dan Marsden
by Dan Marsden - Monday, 8 July 2013, 6:18 PM

it is controlled by the setting "display attempt status" in the SCORM settings page - you can set it to:

• No (shouldn't display the attempt status info on my moodle or the scorm entry page)
  • My home and entry page (should display on both entry and my moodle pages)
  • My home only (should only display on my moodle page and not scorm entry page
  • Entry page only (hopefully explanatory)

Unfortuantely there isn't an option to only show if not completed on the my moodle page.

Ron Reeves
by Ron Reeves - Wednesday, 10 July 2013, 7:01 AM

Thanks for the input everyone! Was able to get it to stop displaying, still not 100% clear why you would want it to display any messages for SCORM when the course is complete but now understand at least why it does and how to turn it off. Helps to avoid all those "What do I have to do with my SCORM" tickets I was seeing in my future....

Susan Neumans Van Buren
by Susan Neumans Van Buren - Wednesday, 29 October 2014, 6:02 AM

I realize that this was posted over a year ago, but I'm having this same problem now. Ron, I'm not sure from the thread how you got it to stop showing. Also in my case it is also not registering that the person has completed the course in the learning plan either.