Best practice forum (Archived)

Booking emails coming from individuals rather than admin email address

Rita Ansbro
Booking emails coming from individuals rather than admin email address
by Rita Ansbro - Tuesday, 15 July 2014, 12:52 AM

Can anyone help?

We have become aware of the fact that the emails for course bookings have started to be sent from individual members of staff, rather than the admin email address. I have checked our settings and the admin email address is in the correct place.

The response from Totara is; 

With regard to notifications coming directly from those who made a booking or cancellation, this is expected behaviour. There are some system/automated notifications that will appear from the sender address in the global Face-to-face settings, but a booking or cancellation made by a particular user, will appear as sent from the user's email address.

However, I know that in the very recent past the emails were sent from the admin address, not from individual members of staff, so can't quite work out what might have changed or how I can get this changed back.  It is cause us some issues as at least one of our members of staff works in more than one department of trust.

Anyone any ideas?  Or have the same problems and would like Totara to change this urgently?

Rita

me
Re: Booking emails coming from individuals rather than admin email address
by George Angus - Tuesday, 15 July 2014, 3:45 PM
Group Totara

Hi Rita,

There is some useful discussion around this subject here. We are looking to resolve the issue for 2.7 which will be released in the Autumn (UK). The change of behaviour was to ensure no emails were sent out on someone's behalf (ie a manager) without them knowing.

regards,

George.

? ?
Re: Booking emails coming from individuals rather than admin email address
by ? ? - Friday, 6 November 2015, 9:07 AM

New feature TL-5020 - Change of email reply addresses has been included in Totara 2.9.0 which was released on November 3, 2015.