Best practice forum (Archived)

Site Admins progress in my courses block not updating

? ?
Site Admins progress in my courses block not updating
von ? ? – Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 7:14 AM

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same.

We have recently upgraded to 2.7.  We have put two courses on since this time.  When testing the course (me and two other site admins) it wasn't marking as in progress on first view (which was enabled in the settings).  Also the progress bar on the my learning block on the front page remains just the outline and no fill color.

I created a learner account and that works as intended so I also enrolled the site admins on the course as learners too, but still no luck tracking our progress.  Is there something in 2.7 causing this?  We would rather not create duplicate accounts so looking for any advice.

Many thanks in advance.

me
Re: Site Admins progress in my courses block not updating
von George Angus – Thursday, 26 November 2015, 7:52 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Andy,

If you click on the progress bar as admin it should tell you what the issue is. As a rule its generally not good practice to test as an admin user as the test may produce different results from that of a Learner or Manager role.

cheers,

George.

? ?
von ? ? – Friday, 4 December 2015, 7:12 AM

Hi George, just thought I would update.  The course was too big and was exceeding the characters for scorm 1.2 and so it was failing to push the last place back to the LMS so to the LMS it looked like the course wasn't started.  That's all sorted now, but thanks for your comments in any event.

me
von George Angus – Sunday, 6 December 2015, 1:10 PM
Gruppe Totara

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update!

cheers,

George.