Best practice forum (Archived)

Face to Face Cancellations and Reporting

? ?
Face to Face Cancellations and Reporting
by ? ? - Wednesday, 28 October 2015, 2:12 AM

I would like to be able to report on Face to Face Sessions that have been cancelled (not the user cancelling their booking, but the course administrator canceling a session and why they cancelled the session).  Is this possible?

When you delete a session, it sends a cancellation message to those enrolled, but there is no option to ask why it is being cancelled.  And of course once it is deleted I can't imagine it shows up in reports (please tell me if I'm wrong).

Is the only way to add custom Face to Face fields for cancelled and reason and to use these?  Of course, this enables you to report, but you'd then have to unenrol users from the session and mark it so no one else could sign up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Craig Eves
Re: Face to Face Cancellations and Reporting
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 29 October 2015, 1:28 PM
Group Totara

Hi Andy

I can only see an option for deleting a session for the administrator - this has the effect of deleting the session completely so the session will not show up in the Face to face session report.

For this to work using existing functionality a suggested workaround is for the administrator to remove attendees of the session and add themselves as an attendee. Make the Capacity 1 and don't allow overbooking so others can't book the session (or make the session in the past)

The admin would then cancel the session and provide a reason - the session and cancellation reason would show up in the Face-to- face session report source with others not able to book on the session.

The cancellation of a session without deleting it reason would need to be a new feature request.

regards

? ?
Re: Face to Face Cancellations and Reporting
by ? ? - Friday, 30 October 2015, 2:24 AM

Thank you Craig that's a method I hadn't thought of so is useful.  I guess I'll need to find out from the department head how interested they are in what sessions are cancelled by the training team.

Thank you again.