Best practice forum (Archived)

Possible alternative for Checklist plugin?

ChuangWen Hao
Possible alternative for Checklist plugin?
ChuangWen Hao 发表于 2015年10月28日 Wednesday 11:30

Hi, sorry to bug the forum again for a quick question.

Currently we are using a 3rd party Moodle plugin "Checklist" activity to help our trainers to keep track of some offline hands-on activities. However, a stock "Checklist" activity does not allow us to filter based on student's current Organization, so it's not scalable and the trainers are having hard time finding students who belong to their own Org, in order to mark them off.

We are exploring with our partner to see if we can enhance this plugin by adding an "User's Org" filter. At the same time, I'm curious to see if anyone here knows of any possible alternatives (plugins, creative course module design, etc.) to keep track of learner's offline hands-on activities, while keeping the process streamlined and scalable. Thoughts or comments? Thanks!

By the way, I thought about using the "separate groups" (at the course level), but then again there is no automated way to automatically assign users into "separate groups" based on their Org...

PappasPeter
Re: Possible alternative for Checklist plugin?
PappasPeter 发表于 2015年10月28日 Wednesday 20:41

Hi Wen,

We also use the checklist plugin for practical exams which are now a regulatory requirement for our contract.

We find the plugin cumbersome because of the lack of filters.

I don't know of any other way to do what we use the plugin for either. I thought of using appraisals for tracking the performance of an employee for the specific tasks but I think it may be too complex. I like the way checklist can be simply marked as completed for a specific step in a process.

I am interested in what you come up with.

Thanks,

Peter

me
AngusGeorge 发表于 2015年12月20日 Sunday 14:33
小组 Totara

Hi folks,

I've created a feature request for this functionality, ref: TL-8192. Ill provide an update on its status once the request has undergone our review process.

regards,

George.

SmithDavo
SmithDavo 发表于 2015年12月23日 Wednesday 06:10
小组 Partners

I've only just spotted this message, but if you do come up with a reasonable way of filtering checklists by org as well as by group, then I'm always happy to integrate well-written patches (that don't break Moodle sites that don't have org support).

Davo