Best practice forum (Archived)

Set ManagerID to Null using HR Import? How?

John Unnever
Set ManagerID to Null using HR Import? How?
door John Unnever - Monday, 21 March 2016, 07:02 AM
Groep Partners

My co-worker is doing some work on the HR Import user connector and ran into an issue she needs help with.  She asked me to post this question to you all.

"how do you set the value of the managerid to null using the hr import?  i have set it to (), nulls and spaces and nothing worked."

how do you set the value of the managerid to null using the hr import?  i have set it to (), nulls and spaces and nothing worked.

Daniel Bond
Re: Set ManagerID to Null using HR Import? How?
door Daniel Bond - Monday, 21 March 2016, 07:25 AM
Groep Most helpful contributor 2023

We've had this problem with Manager ID (and all other fields) after a change in functionality between version. Previously, if the field was blank in HR import, it set the value of the field to NULL. Now, if the value is blank, the current contents of the field is left unaltered. It would make much more sense to be able to control this behaviour with a setting, because we would almost always want the field to be set to NULL if the HR Import contained a blank.

Dan

me
door George Angus - Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 16:33 PM
Groep Totara

Hi folks,

What you say makes a great deal of sense, I've raised the issue with our dev team and filed a Feature request TL-8647 for the suggested functionality.

regards,

George.

Tom Ireland
door Tom Ireland - Thursday, 14 April 2016, 02:44 AM
Groep Totara

Hi, Dan

With regard to a setting to control behaviour, should it be applied to all fields or does each field need a separate control? I also asked the same question on the feature topic. Pop your reply in there and we can keep the conversation going and we won't lose track of comments related to it.

Cheers.

Tom