Best practice forum (Archived)

Help with Content Server

UnneverJohn
Help with Content Server
UnneverJohn 发表于 2016年04月26日 Tuesday 13:23
小组 Partners

Hello everyone,

We currently have an external windows IIS server that we store all of our course content on.  In our existing LMS, when we create a course we point the course to our content server where the content resides so when i user launches the course in our LMS, the data is pulled from the content server.    How do we acheive this same behavior in Totara?   When i click to create a new course in Totara, i scroll down to the Course Summary Files section and click to add a course file, but there is no option to tell it that the content is remotely served.   Help! 

me
Re: Help with Content Server
AngusGeorge 发表于 2016年04月26日 Tuesday 21:34
小组 Totara

Hi John,

There's some guidance here which you may find useful. Let me know if you have any further queries.

cheers,

George.

UnneverJohn
UnneverJohn 发表于 2016年04月27日 Wednesday 07:53
小组 Partners

Hi George,

From the link you provided, it says to do the below.   However, we do not have anything in our list called 'File System'.  We only have the one called 'Server Files' which is states to ignore.

Enabling the File System repository plugin

• Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Repositories > Manage Repositories;
  • Select from the drop down next to File system "Enabled and visible"

Note: Ignore the similarly named repository 'Server Files' (enabled by default).

me
AngusGeorge 发表于 2016年04月27日 Wednesday 21:54
小组 Totara

Hi John,

It should be there. Is this a production site? What version are you using? Has there been any custom work? 

cheers,

George.

UnneverJohn
UnneverJohn 发表于 2016年04月28日 Thursday 07:35
小组 Partners

Hi George,

We are in the middle of configuring our environments to get ready to go live with the system, so although it is technically our production environment, we don't have any clients in it yet.

We are are the most recent version, 2.9.6.1

What kind of custom work do you mean?  Configurations or code development?  We've obviously done configurations to the system but we haven't touched any of the repository stuff yet.   We've done some small custom code, but it's essentially loosely coupled with the system and sits outside of the totara code and would not have any effect on the base code.

me
AngusGeorge 发表于 2016年04月28日 Thursday 15:54
小组 Totara

Hi John,

I was just wondering why its not there. Can you confirm it doesnt appear at:

•  /  Site administration /  Plugins /  Repositories /  Manage repositories

UnneverJohn
UnneverJohn 发表于 2016年04月29日 Friday 06:39
小组 Partners

Correct, we do not have that in our list for some reason?

me
AngusGeorge 发表于 2016年05月1日 Sunday 18:42
小组 Totara

Hi John,

It looks like its been uninstalled. Can you check if there is a 'filesystem' folder in the 'repository' folder in the code? if there isnt can you get a copy from a recent install or from a download and drop it into the 'repository folder'?

cheers,

George.