Best practice forum (Archived)

Will Totara 9 be based on Moodle 3.1?

David
Will Totara 9 be based on Moodle 3.1?
par David Shaw, Wednesday 25 May 2016, 04:03

Hi,

I notice that the Totara 9 prototype site is based on Moodle 3.0.4 but Moodle 3.1 which has just come out has some nice functionality such as global Solr search so I wondered if that was something we could expect to see in Totara 9?

Thanks

David

me
Re: Will Totara 9 be based on Moodle 3.1?
par George Angus, Wednesday 25 May 2016, 15:55
Groupe Totara

Hi David,

I've raised your question with our Development/management Team, there are still ongoing discussions around this area and I expect to have some firm commitments about it in the next few days. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

cheers,

George.

Simon Coggins
par Simon Coggins, Monday 30 May 2016, 14:01
Groupe Totara

Hi David,

No, Totara 9 we won't be merging Moodle 3.1 into Totara 9. The merge process is quite time consuming and we won't have time to do that as well as finish the other functionality we have planned for 9 without pushing the release date further back which we want to avoid.

We will be looking at global search though and working out how we can support it in Totara 10.

Simon

David
par David Shaw, Tuesday 31 May 2016, 07:25

Hi Simon,

Thanks for confirming.  FYI we already have a SOLR plugin that we wrote and use with clients if you want to talk to us before developing your own we may be able to help.

Regards

David

? ?
par ? ?, Tuesday 31 May 2016, 14:08

Hi David,

Is the SOLR plugin something you are planning to publicly open source?

Regards, Richard

David
par David Shaw, Wednesday 1 June 2016, 01:17

Hi Richard,

It's not something that we are going to opensource, however if Totara are looking to write something we are happy to share our code for core inclusion.

Regards

David