Best practice forum (Archived)

Appraiser details

Steph Wild
Appraiser details
by Steph Wild - Monday, 13 February 2017, 2:14 AM
Group Learn Site Administrator

Hi,

We use appraisals on Totara which are working really well except for not being able to report on/by 'appraiser'.

It would be really useful if 'appraisers name' could be added to the choices from both columns & filters in report sources (exactly like manager) and also if it could be added as an option in the 'Content' tab so we could create reports for appraisers which will only display the staff they appraise.

Many thank
Steph

Craig Eves
Re: Appraiser details
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 February 2017, 1:03 PM
Group Totara

Hi Steph

I looked at the Appraisal detail report in v9 and there is a column User's Appraisers Name and a column in the filter User's Appraisers - this doesn't seem to be in earlier versions.

As far as the restricting Content by Appraiser role - there isn't a role definition for Appraisers so don't think it can be done through this means . It is possible to restrict users to viewing reports to an audience using global report restrictions https://help.totaralearning.com/display/TL29/Global+Report+Restrictions . This would require all appraisers to be a member of an audience (perhaps through checking for a value in a custom field).

regards

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 2:06 AM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response - any chance to back porting the columns & filters for User's Appraisers Name into 2.9?  We currently have no plans to move to v9.

Thanks
Steph

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:46 AM
Group Totara

Hi Steph

I will ask if this can be done as this is a report so shouldn't affect the interface or functionality of Totara. The general policy is that new features are only added in major releases unlike bugs which are pack-ported to older stable branches.

regards

Rita Ansbro
by Rita Ansbro - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 11:40 PM

Hi Craig

I'd like to add my support for Steph's request for the report as we are in a similar position and this would be very useful.  We are not looking to move to 2.9 until later this year.

Many thanks.

Rita

Steph Wild
by Steph Wild - Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 2:53 AM

Hi Craig,

Thank you - that would be great.

Best wishes
Steph

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 16 February 2017, 4:56 PM
Group Totara

This was introduced as part of the multiple positions in V9 - I have created a ticket TL-12691 so we can assess if there are any issues backporting this. Will let you know any progress.