Best practice forum (Archived)

Error in Cron job after update to Totara v1.0.10

? ?
Error in Cron job after update to Totara v1.0.10
by ? ? - Sunday, 15 May 2011, 10:51 PM

I'm getting an error in the Cron Job since upgrading to Totara v1.0.10:

Starting the completion cron... Error: more than one record returned (table 'course_completion_aggr_methd')

The cron doesn't continue after this error message and therefore won't comnplete

I have recently been playing around with Course completions and conditonal activies.

So i'm wondering if this is an error/bug with the update or is it something i have switched on since working with the updated version of Totara?

Simon Coggins
Re: Error in Cron job after update to Totara v1.0.10
by Simon Coggins - Monday, 16 May 2011, 7:03 PM
Group Totara

We recently discovered a bug in a particular library that causes errors like this. We're in the process of fixing it at the moment, and hope to have a fix ready for next week.

At the moment the only fix is to manually delete the duplicate records from the database.

Simon

? ?
by ? ? - Thursday, 19 May 2011, 5:19 PM

how do I go about manually deleting the duplicate records from the database? Also, importantly without breaking the database...

I'm assuming this will be done through Terminal on our Linux server in the postgresql database shell script...?

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 19 May 2011, 6:04 PM
Group Totara

If you can wait a few more days the latest release will automatically remove the duplicates. If you'd rather do it yourself before then, I'll ask Aaron to post the SQL commands that you need to enter into the postgres console. Please make sure you have a backup before modifying the database directly though!

Simon