Best practice forum (Archived)

Importing function for course scheduling.

Nurhaisyam Satar
Importing function for course scheduling.
by Nurhaisyam Satar - Wednesday, 30 March 2011, 10:55 PM

Hi all,

Is there any function to import scheduling for the course? let say from ms project file or other formats? We used scheduling software to prepare the schedule and it would be great if there is any import function available.

Thanks.

Craig Eves
Re: Importing function for course scheduling.
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 31 March 2011, 1:26 PM
Group Totara

Hi Hazmy

There is currently no built in function to import scheduling for courses that I can see.

The closest I could find was the ability to copy Face to Face sessions and selecting Add a new date. If this new date could be imported from the scheduling software then this would work and it may not be that complex to add this functionality.

There are some bulk import scripts for user information on the feature request list but I can't see any for course scheduling importing.

Do you use the scheduling for scheduling just face to face to courses or other courses as well.

Craig

Nurhaisyam Satar
by Nurhaisyam Satar - Monday, 4 April 2011, 7:58 PM

We used scheduling for face to face and courses as there are a lot of schedules that need to be enter one by one.

This is actually a nice feature to have :).

Nurhaisyam Satar
by Nurhaisyam Satar - Wednesday, 6 April 2011, 11:28 PM

can anyone guide me, if i need to add importing function for courses and face to face, what database tables that i need to look for?

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Monday, 11 April 2011, 4:33 PM
Group Totara

For importing into face to face, the main tables of interest are:

Table Purpose
facetoface One entry per facetoface activity
facetoface_sessions One entry per session
facetoface_sessions_dates One entry per session date (for sessions that span multiple dates)
facetoface_signups One entry per user per session
facetoface_signups_status Stores the current and past sign up statuses

Courses are a bit more complicated, you might be better off creating an empty course and restoring it from a backup.

Simon