Best practice forum (Archived)

User Totara Sync vs Suspend

Mei Chan
User Totara Sync vs Suspend
by Mei Chan - Monday, 20 October 2014, 10:57 PM

If a full user file is sent to Totara via Totara Sync, does the user already exist in Totara but not in the user file be automatically deleted, or suspended?

Ideally we would like to suspend certain user accounts and to do it through suspend flag via delta user file. And wondering when a delta file cannot be produced we have no choice but to submit a full file.

Reading this help site for Totara 2.6: http://help.totaralms.com/Manage_Elements.htm, it states an option "Remove Item" should appear but I can't locate it on our Totara 2.6. If it does appear and if we select "Keep", does it keep the account active, or would automatically suspend the account when the user is no longer included in the full user file?

Wondering anyone have similar issue/questions or can provide some help.

Thank you.

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 23 October 2014, 6:02 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Mei Chan
Re: User Totara Sync vs Suspend
by Mei Chan - Sunday, 26 October 2014, 3:46 AM

Thank you very much Alan! I tried that it works with a delta file with suspend column!

I was also hoping to find out if it's possible to suspend the account without the suspend column, which is when Totara is configured to accept a full user file but not a delta file. When an existing user no longer appear in the complete user sync file, would that user be suspended, or deleted.... :(

This forum post has been removed
Monday, 27 October 2014, 4:50 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Tom Ireland
by Tom Ireland - Monday, 27 October 2014, 8:51 AM
Group Totara

Hi, Mei

If the Source contains all records option is set to Yes in your user element settings i.e. a full user file and a user is not in the source file, the user will be deleted (providing Delete is set as an allowed sync action). To suspend the user, you'd need to enable the suspended column in the user source settings, ensure the user is contained within the file and set the value of the suspended column to 1.

Cheers

Tom (Totara Product Support) 

Mei Chan
by Mei Chan - Monday, 27 October 2014, 3:06 PM

Thanks Alan and Tom. That make sense!