Best practice forum (Archived)

CSS and page layout for course category and lesson activity

Bodo Hoenen
CSS and page layout for course category and lesson activity
by Bodo Hoenen - Friday, 29 July 2011, 1:59 PM

Good day

I don’t have access to a web developer for the next few weeks but I need to get some page formatting done,  I hope that someone on the forums can point me in the right direction.

•  I would like to adjust the lesson content to be in the centre of the page as opposed to be left aligned as it leaves a large open space on the right. (see screen shot)
  •  I would also like to adjust the columns of the course category to be inline with each other, I.E the course names inline with each other, the Icons inline with each other, and the descriptions inline with each other. (screen shot attached)

Could you let me know which files I should be looking at to make these changes and point me in the right direction ?

Kind regards
Bodo

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 10 August 2011, 4:01 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Bodo Hoenen
Re: CSS and page layout for course category and lesson activity
by Bodo Hoenen - Thursday, 11 August 2011, 5:30 AM

Hi Aaron

This one we were abel to figure out last night and this is what we did:

To fix the Layout of courses on description page:

I had to edit lib.php in the course folder. The change was made by altering line 2265:

• From: echo '<td class="name"> '. local_course_icon_tag($course, 'small'). '<a title="'.get_string('entercourse').'"'.
  • To: echo '<td> '. local_course_icon_tag($course, 'small'). '</td><td class="name" width = "150"><a title="'.get_string('entercourse').'"'.

To fix the left align in IE

I edited the syles.php in the parent theme, adding “text-align:center;” to the body CSS content on line 10.