Best practice forum (Archived)

Certifications - problems with expired certification

Artur Rietz
Certifications - problems with expired certification
by Artur Rietz - Monday, 5 January 2015, 4:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

I've got several doubts/problems with expired certification. My customer is using Totara 2.5.1, he has certificate configured which is valid for 2 years, and window will open 3 months before the end of that period. Also there is exactly the same course configured for both paths of certification.

And now I have a situation - user has his certification expired. As he had to do it until august 2014. In december my customer uploaded new completion record for that user with completion date for 24.12.2014y. But certification still is marked as expired.

I am assuming that I don't know how it exactly should work and behave. If user has certification marked as expired is he able to do it again ? What will happen if both original and recertification paths are exactly the same ? Should there something be configured/or done by admin to allow users to do certification that has been expired?

Regards
Artur Rietz

me
Re: Certifications - problems with expired certification
by George Angus - Monday, 5 January 2015, 7:47 PM
Group Totara

Hi Artur,

I can't recreate this on the latest V of 2.5 - there have been a fair number of certification and upload tool fixes in the last 16 versions of 2.5

It would definitely be worth upgrading.

You could raise a ticket and we can investigate further - and if you could provide us with screenshots of the issues & settings too that would be a great help.

regards,

George.