Best practice forum (Archived)

A server error that affects your login session was detected. Please login again or restart your browser.

? ?
A server error that affects your login session was detected. Please login again or restart your browser.
by ? ? - Tuesday, 17 January 2012, 9:28 PM

Hi,

I'm getting this message on a local install of our development server when trying to access a quiz acitivity in a course that has been set up a while ago.

I have restarted the browser and cleared its cache, but still can't access the quiz activity and get the error instead.

After reloging in to the site, it takes me to the start page of the quiz, and I can attempt the quiz.

Each time I click on the activity link (as a student role) or try to turn eidting on (as a editor role) I get logged off and the given the same error message.

What is causing this?

How can I resolves this?

-Ira

This forum post has been removed
Wednesday, 18 January 2012, 2:41 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
? ?
Re: A server error that affects your login session was detected. Please login again or restart your browser.
by ? ? - Wednesday, 18 January 2012, 4:25 PM

Hi,

Yes, I have 2 installs of Totara LMS on the same development server. Each install has a seperate moodledata folder.

• Totara: v1.1.8 & Totara: v1.1.7
  • PHP: 5.3
  • Apache: 2.2
  • Database: postgresql v8.4

I think it was the cookies causing the issue. I have given each install a different cookie prefix in the Moodle server settings, which seems to have fixed this issue.

Cheers,

-Ira