Best practice forum (Archived)

Report Builder Face To Face

Wouter Maenhout
Report Builder Face To Face
by Wouter Maenhout - Monday, 13 February 2012, 7:23 AM
Group Partners

Hi,

I want to create the following report :

Gives an overview of the all the face to face sessions on the LMS (waitlisted + time known) and an indication of the number of attendees and the total capacity. I have trying to get this via the report builder, but i was unsuccessfull.

Waitlisted sessions were not shown in the list, also not all face to faces were there.

Can you let me know how i can make this report via the builder?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Wouter

Craig Eves
Re: Report Builder Face To Face
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Monday, 13 February 2012, 3:33 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter

I created a report using the face to face sessions source that included wait listed courses and both of these appeared

https://demo.totaralms.com/local/reportbuilder/report.php?id=27

User's FullnameSort by User's Fullname AscendingCourse NameSort by Course Name AscendingSession DateSort by Session Date AscendingNumber of AttendeesSort by Number of Attendees AscendingSession CapacitySort by Session Capacity Ascending
28 Feb 2011 1 10
16 Mar 2011 2 10
2 Mar 2011 2 10
16 Mar 2011 2 10
2 Mar 2011 2 10
18 Mar 2011 1 10
2 Apr 2011 2 10
2 Apr 2011 2 10
10 Jul 2011 1 100
20 May 2011 1 10
16 Feb 2012 1 10
13 Feb 2012 1 10

The date of the wait listed course is the last record and appeared with todays date as the session date.

I tried making the face to face require manager approval but the users still appeared.

There could be some settings that are preventing you from seeing all the f2f - eg under Access you can restict the roles that can view the report.

If you login as admin and restrict report to admin then you should be able to see if this is the case.

Also check that show all records is selected under the Content tab.

Once you can see all the records then you can start restricting by role or position etc

Hope this helps.

Craig

Wouter Maenhout
by Wouter Maenhout - Friday, 17 February 2012, 9:26 AM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your help. It still isn't showing me what i want to see. I have several face to face sessions defined in the LMS, one of them is Empathy, which contains several waitlisted sessions :

Upcoming sessions

LocationTrainerLanguageRoomDateTimeCapacityStatusOptions
Brussels Jarko Zijlstra NL   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 8 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up
Brussels Jarko Zijlstra FR   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 8 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up
Leuven Jarko Zijlstra NL   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 6 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up
Leuven Jarko Zijlstra NL   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 6 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up
Hasselt Jarko Zijlstra NL   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 8 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up
Hasselt Jarko Zijlstra FR   Wait-listed Wait-listed 0 / 8 Booking open Edit Copy Delete Attendees Sign-up

When i go back to the report, i'm only seeing 1 session for empathy with a wrong date :

Face to Face Name Session Date Session Date Session Trainer Number of Attendees Session Capacity
Conflict Management 2 Apr 2012 2 April 2012 TBD 10
Contact Center Mechanics  30 Mar 2012  30 March 2012 TBD 10
Contact Center Mechanics  29 Mar 2012  29 March 2012 TBD 10
Empathy 8 Feb 2012 8 February 2012 Jarko Zijlstra 6
Presentation Skills  14 Feb 2012  14 February 2012 TBD 16
Quality Monitoring 6 Mar 2012 6 March 2012 TBD 10

I have defined my report as follows, without filters, acces restrictions, ...

• face to face name
  • Session date
  • Session date (linked)
  • Session Trainer
  • Number of attendees
  • Session capacity

I'm expecting to have a complete overview of all sessions and indicated per session an overview of how many have already booked, especially for the waitlisted sessions.

The result i'm now having does not nearly include all sesssion (less than 10%), so this report is at the moment not helpfull at all.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Wouter

This forum post has been removed
Sunday, 19 February 2012, 1:03 PM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Wouter Maenhout
by Wouter Maenhout - Thursday, 29 March 2012, 12:40 PM
Group Partners

Hi,

We managed to create a report via the report builder that suits our needs. The only issue that remains is that for waitlisted sessions there a session date mentioned in the corresponding column of the report (variable session date).

This is however wrong, since waitlisted sessions don't have a date defined. Is there fix present?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Wouter

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 29 March 2012, 3:13 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter

You are right the session date does show for waitlisted sessions which is unexpected.

There is a field called  status that you can include that shows that the session is waitlisted so you should include this to indicate that the date is not an actual date.

You could create a filter to exclude status of waitlisted to avoid these showing in the report.

wait list

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Thursday, 29 March 2012, 7:06 PM
Group Totara

Hi Wouter,

I was surprised to find you are correct - it seems that face-to-face saves the time the session is created in the session date spot for waitlisted sessions. We'll get a fix for that issue into the next release.

Simon

Wouter Maenhout
by Wouter Maenhout - Sunday, 1 April 2012, 1:15 PM
Group Partners

Hi Craig,
Hi Simon,

Thank you for your response. If we indicate the status as you mention, this does not always show waitlisted, because for waitlisted sessions where people have signed up, another status is shown.

We will wait for the fix Simon described.

Thanks for the follow up.

Kind regards,

Wouter

? ?
by ? ? - Monday, 2 April 2012, 8:50 PM

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to report that a fix for this issue is included in today's (3rd April 2012) release of version 1.0.35 and 1.1.14

Ciaran