Best practice forum (Archived)

This forum discussion has been removed

This forum post has been removed
Thursday, 1 March 2012, 8:16 AM
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
Craig Eves
Re: Face to Face booking confirmation message incorrectly
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Thursday, 1 March 2012, 3:21 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mark

I tried this on the demo site which uses 1.1.10

I created a waitlisted session and emrolled and changed to a set date and received a confirmation email below without a duration time in it (below) - but the session dates and times included.

Is it the confirmation email you were receiving the incorrect duration in or another email.

Participant:   Craig Test
Course:   test
Cost:   $0

Duration:
Date(s):
4 March 2012, 05:10 PM to 06:10 PM

Craig

Simon Coggins
by Simon Coggins - Tuesday, 6 March 2012, 1:49 PM
Group Totara

Hi Mark,

I'm not able to reproduce this on my system yet so I need a bit more detail.

Can you confirm exact what was typed into the duration field that caused the problem. 2 hours 30 minutes is 150 minutes so it sounds like it's trying to convert it but putting the wrong suffix on there.

It would also be good to know what server you are using (windows/linux), the version of PHP, and the database type (mysql/postgres/mssql), and the Totara release you are on.

Thanks,

Simon

Craig Eves
by Craig Eves (Totara Support) - Tuesday, 6 March 2012, 2:29 PM
Group Totara

Hi Simon

Shouldn't the duration time actually be calculated by comparing the session start and finish times  or is this not always the case.

Craig

Austen Sinclair
by Austen Sinclair - Tuesday, 6 March 2012, 2:51 PM
Group PartnersGroup TXP Site Administrator

Hi Craig

Sadly no. 

We report on Training (classroom) time and the Face-to-face module invitations are also used in the Calendar appointments and include non-training time such as; welcomes, catering breaks, and for mutliday events would include the overnight time period (and/or weekends).

As the Duration field was often overlooked by those setting up F2F sessions we made the field complusory in our site.

Cheers
Austen